WHAT WE DO
On a day-to-day basis, the JDCA provides several services to the T1D community including:
- Writing reports and conducting research on a variety of topics related to cure progress and the operations of major funders of type 1 research. Since it's founding in 2011, the JDCA has published 58 reports and invested 5,600 man-hours toward it mission.
- Advocating with the main T1D non-profit organizations to increase support for Practical Cure research.
- Conducting Practical Cure awareness, marketing and communications programs.
- Rallying an online community of over 60,000 people with T1D and their loved ones who support a Practical Cure.
- Providing giving-support and consultation to donors looking to make and structure a gift that can only be used for cure research.